Noise Protection Plugs
Plugs can help you protect your hearing and improve your quality of life.
Noise Protection Plugs
At Huntington Hearing, we are particularly concerned about helping you protect your hearing. We have partnered with Westone, a leading manufacturer in the industry, to provide you with a variety of choices to protect your hearing in noisy environments. We offer hearing protection products for work, shooting, motorcyclists, and even for doing jobs around the house like mowing the lawn or using power tools.
Noise protection plugs are devices that can reduce the level of sound entering your ears. They are often used by people who work in noisy environments, such as construction sites, factories, or music venues. Noise protection plugs can also help you sleep better if you live in a loud area or have a snoring partner.
There are different types of noise protection plugs available, depending on your needs and preferences. Some common ones are:
- Foam plugs: These are made of soft foam that expands to fit your ear canal. They are cheap, disposable, and easy to use. However, they may not block out all frequencies of sound equally, and they can cause ear infections if not cleaned properly.
- Silicone plugs: These are made of moldable silicone that conforms to the shape of your ear. They are reusable, washable, and comfortable. However, they may not fit well if you have small or large ear canals, and they can fall out easily if you move a lot.
- Custom plugs: These are made of hard plastic or acrylic that is custom-molded to your ear by an audiologist. They are durable, effective, and tailored to your hearing needs. However, they are expensive, require a professional fitting, and may take time to get used to.
To use noise protection plugs correctly, you should follow these steps:
- Wash your hands before handling the plugs.
- If you are using foam plugs, roll them between your fingers to make them thin and cylindrical.
- Gently pull your ear up and back to straighten your ear canal.
- Insert the plug into your ear and hold it in place until it expands to fill the space.
- If you are using silicone or custom plugs, press them firmly into your ear until they seal the opening.
- Check the fit by speaking or clapping your hands. You should hear a muffled sound if the plug is working properly.
- Remove the plug slowly by twisting it slightly and pulling it out.
- Clean and store the plug according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Noise protection plugs can help you protect your hearing and improve your quality of life. However, they are not a substitute for avoiding loud noises or seeking medical attention if you have hearing problems. You should always consult your doctor or audiologist before using noise protection plugs, especially if you have any ear conditions or allergies. Remember to use them responsibly and safely.